Pages

Jul 20, 2010

Foodie XPRMNT - Chowking Inspired CRISPY FISH FILLET

Everytime I dine at Chowking, it's their Crispy Fish Fillet that I always go for. Its exact crispiness on the  outside did not dried up the juices of the fish. The white sauce it comes with is the perfect partner, complementing the fillet very well.

In one of my not so lazy days, I decided to prepare my version of Crispy fish Fillet for dinner. Praying for perfection, I came up with this:



For the not so master cooks like me, it is advised to have your fish, fillet at the market. For this one, I used TUNA BELLY (which is originally for the KINILAW of my papa...sssssshhhhh). Here are the ingredients used: fish fillet, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and other spices to taste and beaten egg. First things first, marinate your fish with salt, pepper and other spices you like, add the beaten egg. Then refrigerate it for 15 minutes. Then, roll it to the bread crumbs. Refrigerate for another 15minutes and it will be ready for frying. Insider tip: DO NOT FRY THE FISH FOR LONG, IT MAY DRY UP THE FISH. Once they are golden brown, take it out of the pan.


For the white sauce, you only need chopped garlic, parsley and mayonnaise. Put them together and VIOLA, you get your home made white sauce.


Perfect for a weekend meal with your family.


Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment